Hi, Ronni,

On 21/06/2011, at 7:58, Ronda Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:

> Hi Pat,
>
> You can’t send or receive Mail if you are not connected to the Internet!

IiNet says they can see our network and it looks ok.

> Do you have an Airport Wireless Network or are you connecting by Ethernet
> Cable?
>
> How does the MacPro normally connect to your Network, by Wi-Fi (Airport
> Wireless Network) or via an Ethernet Cable?

The Mac Pro normally connects wirelessly by Wi-Fi (fairly new Netgear DGN2000
router).  I did try connecting with an ethernet cable, but this didn't work,
either.

The iPad is connecting wirelessly to the same router, so the router is doing
its proper job.

> Is the iPad connected to your Network by Wi-Fi or is it connected to a 3G
> (Cellular Network)?
>
> Check your Network setup on the MacPro.

I have checked everything in the Network setup - I can't see anything amiss.

> Cheers,
> Ronni

Thanks very much,
Pat