On 21/06/2011, at 11:45, Ronda Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:

> Hi Pat,
>
> In System Preferences > Network  - Airport  what is Status: ?
> Is it saying Connected & is it connected to the correct Network Name?

It says Connected, and to the correct network.

> Try a web page http://www.apple.com/
> If you still aren’t able to access the Internet.

Still can't.
> Open the Network pane of System Preferences, highlight Airport, click Assist
> Me, and then click Diagnostics then Choose Airport, then the wireless Network
> you want to join, type in the Password for the Network.
>
> Let me know what messages you receive please.

Diagnostics said the settings had changed, said to restart device. Said airport
was connected, settings were correct, but ISP failed, Internet failed, Server
failed.

Said to restart device again, asked if there were any other devices between the
router and the computer like firewalls...that set me thinking...Little
Snitch...I recalled seeing the configuration list recently - it had a lot of
red lights on it.

So, I uninstalled it - It's FIXED! Things are working again.  HoOray!

I thank you enormously for taking the time and effort to walk me through this
process.  Thanks very much indeed.

Very gratefully,
Pat