Hi Pat,

In System Preferences > Network  - Airport  what is Status: ?
Is it saying Connected & is it connected to the correct Network Name?

Try a web page http://www.apple.com/
If you still aren’t able to access the Internet.
Open the Network pane of System Preferences, highlight Airport, click Assist
Me, and then click Diagnostics then Choose Airport, then the wireless Network
you want to join, type in the Password for the Network.

Let me know what messages you receive please.