So this quote from the second article:

"Android boss Andy Rubin says Honeycomb is not ready for phones. If Google
were to open it up to the world at large, it could end up on smartphones and
users might end up with some crappy experiences."

does not suggest that Google are keeping Honeycomb closed shop for a reason,
other than not keeping it open?  So, Apple fanatics believe everything that
comes out of Cupertino as gospel, yet don't believe the head of Google's
Android division.....

Anyhoo, the issue is more about the security of social networks, not about
one particular platform's misgivings :)

Personally, I would use WebOS over all the mobile platforms in a heartbeat.
 Alas, its not available in Australia (yet)

Seeya

Rod