Hello,

I have an old iPad version 1 using iOS 5.1.1 that has been unused for a while.
I would like to be able to log into iCloud but have activated Two Factor
authentication some time ago. I am running High Sierra OSX 10.13.4 and iOS 11.3

In https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT208072  “Generate a recovery key after you
update to two-factor authentication” it gives the directions to go to iCloud
preferences and generate a new Recovery Key. But the only option is to give an
Verification Code, not a Recover Key.

in iOS 5.5.1 on the iPad, I go to iCloud settings, enter my AppleID password
and the next screen asks for the Recovery Key.

I have no idea where I may have kept my Recovery Key. Generally I would have
stored it in 1Password, but must have failed to do so because I cannot find it.

Is there a way to generate a new Recovery Key? or another way to move forward
for this old iPad.

Thanks
Tim