From: james gale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2001 2:27 AM
Subject: Re: {W&P} guns, knives and political games
____________________________________

> Why not go to the premise to decriminalize many of the drug crimes that are
> paralyzing the legal and prison system. In our county jail  which is under
> court supervision for over crowding 65 % of the inmates are in for traffic
> violations s/a driving w/o a license failure to appear, pay fines, support
> issues etoh abuse crimes, all non violent social crimes and misdemeanor drug
> offenses. yet we let certifiably insane people walk the streets to push
> people under subways because we cant arrest them for being crazy. and
> misdemeanor drug offenses. Jim

--I'm not for overseeing braking the law myself, but you have a point.

What if all kind of breaking the law results in jail sentences? If the police also get
really good at finding out?

If jail sentences are activated in absurdum I think that you end up with the majority
of the population in jail looked after by a minority and no one have time for anyting
else. There has to be a balance.

Claes
§( :8-)

For meals, baking recipes and advice, visit veryBestBaking.com
from Nestle.  Enjoy hundreds of recipes and baking advice from
trusted brands such as Nestle Toll
House, Carnation Milk, and Libby's Pumpkin.
http://click.topica.com/caaaeKnb1dhdKb1tdRUf/Nestle