Lua is a good choice.
Lua's compiler is really light weight and fast. (With some additional
patches faster)
The second point is, that we can redistribute the 'Raw-cripts' which
gets compiled
at the client. This Pre-Compiled scripts can be stored again and this
speeds up loading next time.

However, a good caching concept should be speedup many things and the
amount of needed
space for that, isn't very important. (250 Gb HDD's etc...) This
additional ~20 MB for Pre-Cached things
in a binary format should everyone have :)

And this wouldn't have any disadvantages, because we ship all the
raw-data too.

Mhm, thats all for now, i thought over optimizing wz2100 a lot, but i'll
post my ideas later.

So...

Regards, Kamaze