On Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 6:41:44 PM, Dennis Schridde wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2008 17:45:26 schrieb Roman:

>> > Too many steps?

>> I obviously have to use player0.slo and player0.vlo file when testing
>> Aivolution:

>> Step 1: copy player0.slo and player0.vlo files into mod folder
>> Step 2: Replace 0 with X in player0.slo
>> Step 3: Add .in exntention to playerX.slo
>> Step 4: Replace 0 with X in player0.vlo
>> Step 5: Add .in exntention to playerX.vlo
>> Step 6: open playerX.slo.in for editing
>> Step 7: replace script "player0.slo" with script "playerX.slo"
>> Step 8: replace "player INT 0" with "player INT X"
> I would propose doing it differently:

> 1: Do some fun editing in playerX.slo.in
> 2: Run make
> 3: Have fun

> I guess there must be some reason why this is impossible... Why?

Because I can't commit without testing modifications to AI.

Usually 8 copies in total must be created, for all players, to test if they
communicate properly for example. Therefore I can't use playerX.slo.in and
playerX.vlo.in for testing, since

1) "X" isn't an integer and "player INT X" won't compile
2) 7 copies of player0.slo/vlo are required for testing purposes anyway

--
Best regards,
 Roman                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]