Am Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2008 20:16:48 schrieb Roman:
> On Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 7:32:45 PM, Dennis Schridde wrote:

> >> Yes, there is. There simply isn't an immediate alternative to "sed" on
> >> Windows systems, and as such this proces is not as easy to automate on
> >> windows as it is on GNU/Linux.
> >
> > Aha, so that's what's this about.
> > I wondered why one would want to work reversed, creating changes in the
> > autogenerated files and transforming them into templates.
>
> You know AI creation is a bit different, I guess this is not
> self-explanatory. Sometimes all 8 copies will differ for testing or
> bug-hunting purposes for example. What you are suggesting may make perfect
> sense to you, because you are judging based on your own experience, my
> experience tells me it will be arsy-versy. Even with make it is more
> convenient for me to work on 1 master copy of AI files, then copy-paste the
> result into mod folder (and trash other copies which are not necessarily
> the same) and simply let Make replicate them, not vice-versa.
Can you picture your workflow and how you would like it to be?

Currently I understand it like this:
1. work in up to 8 different AIs
2. tune them
3. select the best
4. take that file and copy it as player0.* into the SVN dir
5. edit the variables, since it may not have been player0 before
6. commit

Is this correct now?

> > Simple answer would have been: '"Run make" does not do what it should,
> > since sed is not available.'
>
> It would have been as simple as that if I could imaging you could forget
> I'm a Windows and MSVC user, but since I know you are aware of this I
> thought you were not understanding something else, what exactly I didn't
> know.
I just assumed you somehow integrated the Makefiles into your workflow.
I didn't forget you or your tools. :)

As you sound pissed, I apologize. I was under the assumption you used the
Makefiles to speed up your work, not that they would slow you down. Thus I
tried to guess your workflow and model the scripts after that.
Apparently my assumption and your reality did not match...