On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Stephen Swaney <sswa...@centurytel.net> wrote:
> This is just silly, especially in light of OSX being such a minor
> platform.

Dude, you use Linux, a platform with a sixth the marketshare of OS X.

You, of all people, should understand the flaws of marginalizing a
medium-sized platform.

> We are trying to get a release candidate build out into the community
> for testing.

You sent this sentence seven hours after I realized that it was a
release candidate build and withdrew my objection.

> Personal ego is no justification for slowing down the
> process.

Personal ego is a serious accusation, and to equate it with a desire
not to fracture the community is dangerous. We all seek to do what is
best for the users, and though we may disagree on the specifics, I
thought we at least understood that premise.

You may disagree with whether or not it is worth delaying the releases
in two platforms to ensure that all players have access to the same
version and thus can easily play multiplayer with each other, but do
not accuse me of ego for my belief that it is.

-Zarel