On Friday,  3 September 2010 at 14:37, Guangcong Luo wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Christian Ohm <chr....@gmx.net> wrote:
> > Do you know the difference between open source and commercial software?
> > Commercial software has to make users happy, because they pay the
> > developers.
> > Open source software has to make the developers happy.
> This, perhaps, is were most of our disagreements stem from.

I'm not saying we should completely ignore users. And I'm sure making users
happy is a way for at least some developers to get happy themselves. I am just
saying, ignoring developers for the sake of users isn't good.

> > On that note, I finally realized what bugged me about this release: The
> > commit messages. There have been quite a few quite useless messages lately.
> > I've spent a considerable amount of time the last releases to write a
> > decent changelog.  Commit messages like this are detrimental to my
> > motivation to do that, which in turn is detrimental to my motivation to do
> > releases.
> ...you said "commit messages like this", but you didn't link/name/quote a
> specific commit. Was that a typo?

It referred to "useless messages" earlier. Actually looking at it again now
it's not that bad, just a few of the network changes, maybe I was too tired
before...