On 18/06/2007, at 1:45 PM, Lachlan Deck wrote:

On 18/06/2007, at 12:43 PM, Q wrote:

Speaking of which, I've played around with WOGroovy and I was pretty
impressed with it.  After a somewhat rocky start, Groovy has become
reasonably mature and WOGroovy seems to work well. It's also a relatively small project, which is reassuring. If it was some huge messy framework I would be worried about adopting it and then hitting a wall halfway through a project because of some hard to track down bug, but given it's simplicity, I think it would be fairly straightforward to track down and fix any bugs that might've been overlooked by the developer. All in all, it seems like an
excellent and very useful framework.

That developer would be me. If you have any issues feel free to let me know. ;)

Good to know. I hadn't heard of WOGroovy until this morning and had recently been looking at incorporating Groovy for the purposes of rapid turnaround.

The original version of WOGroovy was written by Suzuki Tetsuya, and lives here http://wogroovy.sourceforge.jp but hasn't been updated in a long time.

I basically rewrote it reusing most of the original metaclass helper code, removed the xcode requirement, and added rapid turnaround using the groovy class loader. My version is available online here: http:// code.google.com/p/wogroovy
You will need to check it out of the repository.


As you have observed WOGroovy is a very small veneer to make using groovy with WebObjects seamless. Outside the rapid turnaround code, which is just some classloader magic, the WOGroovy framework itself doesn't actually do much but inject some helper categories into the metaclass registry. The fixes for the NS* collection handling are the only really important bits, and they don't need to be "loaded", they just need to be in the classpath somewhere.

Do you have any example projects (intermixing standard java and groovy)?

Not really, in the source tree there is a small example app I started as a test case to exercise some of the collection handling, and demonstrate some of the implicit functions added by the WOGroovy categories. But I haven't done anything with it for a little while.

--
Seeya...Q

Quinton Dolan - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
Ph: +61 419 729 806


_______________________________________________
Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
Webobjects-dev mailing list      ([email protected])
Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/archive%40mail-archive.com

This email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to