On 6/18/07 4:26 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:
Come on now, there must be *some* third-party Objective-C frameworks available for web development. Oh, wait . . . no.On Jun 16, 2007, at 7:14 AM, Dana Kashubeck wrote:On 6/16/07 8:28 AM, Don Guernsey wrote:What WO needs - Cocoa! An Objective-C WO anyone?? I would love to have the GUIstuff, the builder, and everything else from Cocoa.Then all you need is a time machine -- and not the one in Leopard.I would absolutely *love* to see WO go back to Objective-C. WO started out Objective-C and it was perfect for anyone who already had Objective-C frameworks and wanted to utilize them on their web site. Then they added Java support alongside Objective-C, then they dropped Objective-C altogether.For the first year or two after it moved to Java I would have agreed with you. Now with all the Java libraries available, I am quite content in Java-land. A lessor language (IMO) but a larger universe.
I didn't mean to imply that Apple /should/ go back to Objective-C. I totally see the reasoning and like I said, it makes perfect business sense. Just sucks for those of us whose business logic is in Objective-C frameworks. Personally? Yes, I'd love to see a return. But I'm a realist and I don't believe it will ever happen.
-- ------------------------------------- Dana Kashubeck Systems Manager Riemer Reporting Service Inc. http://www.riemer.com Phone: 440-835-2477 x. 125 Fax: 440-835-4594 -------------------------------------
begin:vcard fn:Dana Kashubeck n:Kashubeck;Dana org:Riemer Reporting Service, Inc.;MIS adr:Suite 100;;24600 Detroit Road;Westlake;Ohio;44135;United States of America email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED] title:Systems Manager tel;work:440-835-2477 ext. 125 tel;fax:440-835-4594 x-mozilla-html:FALSE url:http://www.riemer.com version:2.1 end:vcard
smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
_______________________________________________ Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored. Webobjects-dev mailing list ([email protected]) Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription: http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/archive%40mail-archive.com This email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
