On 16. Jun. 2007, at 16:14, Dana Kashubeck wrote:
I would absolutely *love* to see WO go back to Objective-C. WO started out Objective-C and it was perfect for anyone who already had Objective-C frameworks and wanted to utilize them on their web site. Then they added Java support alongside Objective-C, then they dropped Objective-C altogether.

Although it makes my life increasingly more difficult, I can see why they did it and I would hazard a guess that they won't ever go back. At the time Java was as hot as Ruby is now and I'm sure the decision was based upon trying to get more market share. Since they've already ported from Objective-C to Java, I doubt they'll port back to Objective-C . . . unless, that is, they are still maintaining their own Objective-C version and decide to release it. That seems like a lot of work, though.

Isn't that what they did for their OS as well? They ported it from Intel to PowerPC, then dropped the Intel Version, than many years later decided to switch back to Intel. Seems they secretly dragged the Intel Version along all the time. I bet they will release OSX for Sparc and HPPA soon ;)

Marc

_______________________________________________
Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
Webobjects-dev mailing list      ([email protected])
Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/archive%40mail-archive.com

This email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to