On Jun 16, 2007, at 7:14 AM, Dana Kashubeck wrote:

On 6/16/07 8:28 AM, Don Guernsey wrote:
What WO needs - Cocoa! An Objective-C WO anyone?? I would love to have the GUI
stuff, the builder, and everything else from Cocoa.
Then all you need is a time machine -- and not the one in Leopard.

I would absolutely *love* to see WO go back to Objective-C. WO started out Objective-C and it was perfect for anyone who already had Objective-C frameworks and wanted to utilize them on their web site. Then they added Java support alongside Objective-C, then they dropped Objective-C altogether.

For the first year or two after it moved to Java I would have agreed with you. Now with all the Java libraries available, I am quite content in Java-land. A lessor language (IMO) but a larger universe.

Chuck


Although it makes my life increasingly more difficult, I can see why they did it and I would hazard a guess that they won't ever go back. At the time Java was as hot as Ruby is now and I'm sure the decision was based upon trying to get more market share. Since they've already ported from Objective-C to Java, I doubt they'll port back to Objective-C . . . unless, that is, they are still maintaining their own Objective-C version and decide to release it. That seems like a lot of work, though.

--
-------------------------------------
Dana Kashubeck
Systems Manager
Riemer Reporting Service Inc.
http://www.riemer.com

Phone: 440-835-2477 x. 125
Fax:   440-835-4594
-------------------------------------

<dana.kashubeck.vcf>
 _______________________________________________
Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
Webobjects-dev mailing list      ([email protected])
Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/chill% 40global-village.net

This email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.
http://www.global-village.net/products/practical_webobjects





_______________________________________________
Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
Webobjects-dev mailing list      ([email protected])
Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/archive%40mail-archive.com

This email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to