On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 16:24:02 -0700
Thomas Keffer <tkef...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh, I should mention: weewx now has an apt repository!
>
> Installs and upgrades can be done using apt-get. Follow the
> directions here <http://weewx.com/docs/apt-get.htm>.
>
> -tk

Just trying the upgrade through this system. I have got to diff the
files and find the essential parts of the weewx.conf that I have to
change, and those I have to retain.
I can do that, but for a lot of our users this is a big degree of
difficulty.

I'd suggest that the post-install script looks at essentials which need
changing in conf files and does those.

Liz