Thanks Tom - I think this a case of old dogs and new tricks and having got
used to setup.py I'll stick with it as I am sure I'll mess up when moving
files around!!!  A pity - as for each upgrade I have to refer to the
userguides to get the command sequence correct and had hoped apt-get may
make life simpler!!  Never mind, am glad I asked though.  I use MySQL
rather than SQLITE so at least that would not be an issue!