well, serialization error happens here:
 at wicket.protocol.http.HttpSessionStore.setAttribute(HttpSessionStore.java:62)

if you go there you will see:

// Do some extra profiling/ debugging. This can be a great help
// just for testing whether your webbapp will behave when using
// session replication
if (log.isDebugEnabled())

so if the logger.wicket.protocol.http is not set to DEBUG level in
log4j config that code wont run as it is there mainly to help you find
serialization errors, but in this case its hitting a spot that
shouldnt usually be a problem.

-Igor