Hi,

First thing to ask is how you map your web application. It is a known
issue that with Wicket 1.x, where we use a servlet for handling Wicket
requests, mapping to the root (/) is problematic. We solved this for
2.0 where we employ a filter intstead, and we plan to back port this
to 1.3 when we start working on that (btw you can find 2.0 in svn).

The remainder of my answer can be found here:
http://www.wicket-wiki.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Including_CSS_resources

Eelco