i glanced over the code - but i dont get it after the first glance. perhaps you can explain what difficulties you hit when using wicket and an orm to help us better understand.

seems to me like you are trying to work with a ui connected to a persistence layer - without a service layer in between. have you seen databinder which glues wicket and hibernate together?

also your point about wicket and tapestry - wicket is much more flexible because it has IModel which gives you an extra layer of indirection that can hide a lot of orm logic and make the code cleaner/easier.

-Igor