On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 00:21, Vtaylor <vtay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As a less-technical reply, I would like to see WikiEducator have a
> broad range of functionality in wikitext. [...]

I've been experimenting with quizzes that are built upon simple
wikitext.  Simple nested lists become multiple choice questions and
lists with underlined words become cloze exercises.  This makes them
simple to edit and they render nicely in print for teacher's guides.
It is a very minimalist but functional approach.

  http://WikiEducator.org/Template:Quiz_Multiple_Choice
  http://WikiEducator.org/Template:Quiz_Cloze
Examples:
  http://WikiEducator.org/User:JimTittsler/Sandbox/Quiz