I cannot cite anything, but there should be studies that show that even
though most people are "bilingual" or reported as "bilingual" in their
regional language and another major language, they are more comfortable in
getting education in their regional language. I'm pretty sure that there
are such cases, and they should be given priority. Projects that are
focused on language revitalization per se should be given less priority
when resources are limited, even though it breaks my heart to say this.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬