Hoi,
Please consider what the role of Erik is. He is responsible for the
technical infrastructure of the Wikimedia Foundation. The community has
wants and needs but does not have responsibility in the same manner.

When some people in the community want things that is not compatible with
implied requirements of the technical infrastructure, it is the job of Erik
to take this responsibility seriously.

It is fine when you do not appreciate this.
Thanks,
      GerardM