Interesting! But there are a few problems with this:
1) This gives you the data that is in the item, but what does it give you
when there is no data in the item?
2) I am missing a discrete [edit] somewhere indicating where I go to add
the data for the fields that are missing from the template

I really like the one line aspect - very clean-looking in the edit window!