On the very specific point of knowledge and how it's not always possible to
boil it down to a single quantifiable value, I couldn't agree more. Thank
you, Andreas, for the detailed anecdote displaying that problem, and I'll
be happy to provide more if needed.

Does Wikidata have a way of marking data entries as estimates, or at least
dates as circa (not just unknown)?

--Ed