Hoi,
In the Netherlands water is an essential ingredient to our country. It is a
friend and it is an enemy. Where I live we are 3 meters below sea level.
The Rhine streams down after including all the effluent from Germany and
Switzerland. We do swim in the Rhine, it is clean enough for the WWF to
free sturgeons so that we may have them come and breed in the future. We
use its water and process it to drinking water.

Yes, shit happens and we can deal with that.

Your attempt at rhetorical questions is suspect because you do not see that
quality / purity in water is like with Wikidata a process. It is not in
doing it once. It is done by doing it again and again. That is why the
water is clean and iteratively we will what we ingress and make it the
quality that we will not get in any other way,
Thanks,
     GerardM