I agree getting bogged down on one item of data isnt helpful but the data
does need to show its disputed and the data item on Israel
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q801> should at least have Tel Aviv listed
as its mentonym

within the database because the data base
> is applying one truth where there is no one truth for everyone. This will
> always be the single biggest flaw of Wikidata no matter how data is
> presented it can never be the absolute truth

The Jerusalem/Israel example where the data doesnt indicate its disputed
means that it will propagated as an absolute truth...

Then again this is shifting away from the original concern over quality
that the ability to verify the information  isnt clear combined with the
CC0 license the already established practice on other sources. Wikidata for
falsehoods being easily manipulated its going to have a impact.

GN.
President Wikimedia Australia