On 2016-01-19 16:58, Jens Best wrote:

I like the idea of Wikidata.
I like the idea of combining Encylopedia with structured data to enable
understanding and easy re-use at the reader-side of Wikiprojects. So many
things are imaginable there when the culture of conveying the needed
individual and social skills are done well. Tech is only tool to these
processes. Tools are important, but not the purpose when it comes to
disseminate knowledge.

regards,
Jens

Actually, Wikidata itself is an excellent positive example of community involvement. All things, including technical innovations, are discussed at the village pump (there, it is called Project Chat); for those who are less active in some areas there are weekly digests covering all the activities; if there is a technical problem help comes within minutes. It is of course much easier for a smaller scale project, but the problems in Wikipedia from Wikidata come, I believe, not from negligence or from insufficient attention to the community, but from bad communication.

Cheers
Yaroslav