On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 10:59 PM, Andrea Zanni <zanni.andre...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> As I said in previous discussion, what WMF really lacks is a precise
> policy/project *in favor* of Open Access: we are not doing anything at
> higher level, and very promising projects are frozen or waiting for
> volunteer good will.

Just want to point out that the WMF has an Open Access policy
<https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Open_access_policy>. This policy does
not immediately impact the current discussion since it's focused on
where/how research supported by the Foundation should be published, but
it's a strong step in the right direction.​

> I personally think that we are making a big mistake
> thinking that the OA movement can do well without us. It's not.

​You are not alone. We live in an ecosystem and our long term success
depends on the success of others in this ecosystem, such as the OA
movement.

Leila

--
​​Leila Zia