I also noticed the practice in idwiki to promote Facebook page of the Wikipedia
in question through site notice. During this year’s discussion of Chinese
Wikipedia’s annual strategy, One of our proposed aims is to promote outreach
through the Net. I once had a plan to promote our Facebook pages (now
diversified roughly by regions, no unified Facebook pages for us), twitter,
weibo and IRC channels (there’s a renaissance of IRC in zhwp during the past
year) through a site notice. Though our twitter is just a feed of our items on
OTD, FA, GA and DYK columns, and Weibo account, which once accepted funds from
IEG, is dormant since the last Wikipedia blockage by Peking (thus weakens the
effect to absorb more editors). The plan is temporarily on hold. I am thinking
that there’re still many of the members of Chinese community do not have an
awareness on Net neutrality, so even I do not make any consultation on this
plan, I think this plan will be passed with no objections (to make it more
easy, generally requests to put up particular site notices are usually not
noticed by ordinary users).

Best wishes,
Leung Chung-ming (User:春卷柯南)