On 5 March 2016 at 08:28, Chris Sherlock <chris.sherloc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In it's decision making capacity, the Board should:
>>
>> * Select, evaluate and (if necessary) remove the Executive Director;
>
> Whilst I'm sure that C-level managers are up to the task, that's rather
> abrogating the responsibility of the Board.

I'm not a fan of this move, strategically speaking, as the trustees
have painted themselves into a corner if they don't like what their
C-levels suggest and they, say, then want to appoint someone with
excellent experience in transforming organizations (or for that
matter, boards of trustees) from outside as an interim. However
appointing an interim CEO that your internal employees like, is not
the same thing as appointing a CEO.

Fae