Hoi,
I am the last one to say that multi-linguality is not important. However,
given that the affiliates board is selected by an organisation that NEEDS
to communicate in English, I disagree.

It is vital for people of the affiliates to have a reasonable understanding
of English and when they do not, this is not the place to start remedying
it.
Thanks,
      GerardM