You would think though that someone who wanted to represent all of the
affiliates would endeavor to have their statement translated into as many
languages as possible to ensure their message got heard by the most amount
of people, even if they did it themselves using one of the many translation
programs available.

The affiliates if they are transparent will be asking for input from their
members as to who they should be supporting, I'd consider it as important
but also a courtesy to all communities

GN.
President Wikimedia Australia