Hoi,
There is a difference between your formality and what actually happens. The
board is unlikely to not accept a chosen representative. I wonder if it
ever did. Given the quality of the people who can be chosen from, do you
really expect this to happen and consequently what is it what you want to
achieve except for airing your formality?
Thanks,
      GerardM