hi James,

thanks for your input. One of the reasons for the survey is asking the
community what they think about the key qualities. I think it is quite
likely a more effective way of getting a wider input than discussing it on
the list. One of the questions in the questionnaire is, for instance, the
value one sees in the candidate having a WMF experience.

best,

dj

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 5:32 AM, James Heilman <jmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Alice
>
> IMO we need someone who understands our movements values, that understands
> that we are a movement, and sees themselves not as a decider and visionary
> but as a facilitator. Our movement has no lack of excellent ideas but does
> not always communicate effectively within itself.
>
> As such we need someone who has excellent communication and people skills.
> Technical skills can be hired for at other levels of the organization while
> people skill cannot typically be taught.
>
> Katherine, our current interim ED, appears to have these qualities. If she
> is interesting in taking on the position long term I would hope her
> candidacy is given serious consideration by the board.
>
> James
>
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 12:29 AM, Alice Wiegand <awieg...@wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > The ED search steering group has been soliciting input for a few weeks,
> and
> > while a few people were fairly vocal about what they were looking for in
> > new ED, we decided that we needed more input from a broader range of
> people
> > and we want to hear more from our emerging communities. To that end, we
> > have written and published a survey [1] intended to help us both validate
> > and prioritize the good feedback we have already received.
> >
> > Our survey is currently open in the top 10 wiki languages. A sample of
> > editors from various languages have been invited to participate and we
> are
> > also sending an invitations to anyone here and through our networks.
> Please
> > participate in the survey and help us to shape the new ED’s profile.
> >
> > On behalf of the ED search steering group
> >
> > Alice.
> >

> > [1] - ED Search Survey:
> > https://wikimedia.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5hVS2mJTcJNCxBX
> >

> > --
> > Alice Wiegand
> > Board of Trustees
> > Wikimedia Foundation
> >
> > Support Free Knowledge: https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate

> James Heilman
> MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian
>
> The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
> www.opentextbookofmedicine.com

__________________________
prof. dr hab. Dariusz Jemielniak
i grupy badawczej NeRDS
Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego
http://n <http://www.crow.alk.edu.pl/>wrds.kozminski.edu.pl

członek Akademii Młodych Uczonych Polskiej Akademii Nauk
członek Komitetu Polityki Naukowej MNiSW

Wyszła pierwsza na świecie etnografia Wikipedii "Common Knowledge? An
Ethnography of Wikipedia" (2014, Stanford University Press) mojego
autorstwa http://www.sup.org/book.cgi?id=24010

Recenzje
Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml
Pacific Standard: