It's mostly the fact that it's a low priority dump, isn't maintained
actively, some of the queries used to produce it are old and probably need
updating and some of them are definitely broken (the refund sheet certainly
is). It includes some major gifts donations (which we don't include in our
campaign target for online fundraising), but almost certainly not others.
So all in all it just needs an overhaul (the YTD sheet only includes
$59,000,000 for the last calendar year which is some $18,000,000 short.

Something to look into.

Seddon
On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 9:36 AM, WereSpielChequers <
werespielchequ...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Seddon,
>
> I can understand a few anomalies where people give when they don't have
> funds to cover it, and for a difference between estimated exchange rates
> and the actual exchange rate that applied when the transaction was
> processed (currencies float and are quite capable of moving between the
> moment you are aware of a donation and the moment it is converted into one
> of the currencies you bank in).  But I'd expect such anomalies to be a tiny
> fraction of a percent. OK one of these days we will have a record breaking
> donation day in a currency that then devalues by half before we convert
> that money into dollars, but I don't recall any spectacular devaluations in
> the last two weeks.
>
> Is it worth checking to see why these numbers in the frdata dump are only a
> rough guide?
>
> If its something as innocent as our estimates still working on say 2012
> currency conversions and the actual currency conversions are based on the
> day rate, then meh. But if one set of figures is gross before credit card
> and other transaction costs and the other figures are net, or one set
> assumed a UK Gift Aid sign up as high as Wikimedia UK could have got and
> the reality was much lower, then  I'd be alarmed at such a difference.
>
> Jonathan

> > > frdata
> > that

> > on

Seddon

*Advancement Associate (Community Engagement)*
*Wikimedia Foundation*