Pine,
Of course we could benefit from consolidation and pruning of communication
channels. This has been the case for at least a decade, how to do that
without alienating part of the community that uses the pruned channels is a
very difficult task, however.
Nevertheless, this does not mean one can claim he did not get involved with
an issue because it was communicated too many times over too many places,
or rather, though one can claim that it is unlikely he will be taken
seriously.

Chico Venancio