I'm just a bit agog at the idea that this article became "advertising" when
Burger King made the connection using Google Home.  Since its very first
edit, it has been an advertisement for this product.  It may not have been
intended that way, but that is the reality.  Now it's almost 4200 words
long - probably the longest writing on this single product anywhere outside
of the Burger King home offices - and we're pretending that it isn't an ad.

I know it is terribly disillusioning, but an awful lot of our articles are
advertisements. There have always been LOTS of paid editors on English
Wikipedia. It has never meant that the editor was editing primarily in a
promotional manner - in many cases they were facilitating the ability for
others to include promotional materials, and I've spotted what in
retrospect were obvious paid edits going back to 2001. There are people who
I've identified as likely paid editors who were instrumental in our early
discussions about notability.  There were people who "worked with" external
organizations to get access to their commercial repositories of images and
information - with huge financial benefits to the owners of those
repositories; sometimes this was innocent, with the editors trying to gain
access to hard-to-find material, but the end result was the same.

The article is an advertisement. It was one from its first edit (which
included product prices) and it is one today.  It's good copy, but it's
still an ad.  I'll guarantee this isn't the first or last time that a paid
editor made significant changes to the article.  And it's just like
thousands and thousands of other articles that turn consumer products into
"encyclopedic content".  A 300-word discussion of Burger King's most
notable product would be appropriate in the main article, or even in a
daughter article about Burger King's products.  But as it stands, we have
literally hundreds of thousands of words about various Burger King
products: lists, articles about individual products, summaries, advertising
campaigns, etc.  These are all advertisements. Don't blame Burger King for
leveraging exactly what we're doing ourselves.

Risker/Anne