Hi there, I agree that we should take action and make it real hard for any
corporation financially to achieve this result.

Legal action is one thing, but the first thing to be done is to ensure that all
affairs of the type are detected and publicly outed, on the very articles if
there is large media coverage. I would be in favor of a banner over the article
stating the article has been targeted for promotional purposes by the company.

Maybe we should start a whole independent wikipedia project proposing a «
conflict of interest rating » just as wikirating does it for financial markets.

James, I dont believe this can be done at chapter level (at the current state
of things) : it must be addressed by the WMF and the communities.

Regards (I’ve just added sourced chunks of the controversies on the French wiki
by the way, maybe we could ask the community to do it in every language?)

Nattes à chat