If you folks seriously think that we weren’t being “accountable”, then I have
serious doubts about how this process will remain sustainable.

I’m sorry, but this process has been exceedingly demotivating for everyone
involved.  I’ve been trying to keep myself composed throughout the entire
process, but at this point I simply cannot.

I will gladly admit that we’ve made mistakes, us more than others.  Every
organization does.  But I will not allow the work that I’ve dedicated over a
decade of my life to be thrown out the window because we weren’t “accountable”.
 To the best of our ability, we WERE accountable to our community and to the
movement.  And I, frankly, feet that we were as accountable as we could’ve been.

You may all want to know why I’ve been silent through this entire process.
It’s because I cannot, and I still cannot, process the grief this entire
process has brought upon Wikimedia Philippines, and especially myself.  I will
try to be optimistic about the future, as people have been telling me to do,
but at this point in time, at least have some respect for the work that we’ve
done over the last six years.  That’s really all I’m asking for at this point.

Thanks,

Josh

> On Apr 23, 2017, at 9:41 PM, James Heilman <jmh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I second Itzik's comments. We need some degree of accountability. Hopefully
> this will encourage groups in the Philippines to become more active again.
>
> James
>
> On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 2:14 AM, Itzik - Wikimedia Israel
> <it...@wikimedia.org.il <mailto:it...@wikimedia.org.il>> wrote:
> Thank you Maor for the update.
>
> We usually love to see our movement expend and welcome recognition of new
> organizations, but I strongly believe that we continuously need to check
> and evaluate our current organizations.
>
> Our brand, name and reputation are part of our core assets - and while it's
> not an easy step, I appreciate Affcom efforts not only to recognize new
> ones but also to de-recognize organizations that are not longer active or
> non-compliance with our movement requirements.
>
> Few weeks ago in Berlin we had a first meeting to start discuses what is a
> "movement accountability" and how we evaluate organizations who operate
> outside of the FDC process and I believe Affcom have a significant part in
> it.
>

> *Regards,Itzik Edri*
> Chairperson, Wikimedia Israel
> +972-54-5878078 <tel:%2B972-54-5878078> | http://www.wikimedia.org.il
> <http://www.wikimedia.org.il/>
> sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment!
>

> On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 9:49 PM, Maor Malul <mao...@zoho.com
> <mailto:mao...@zoho.com>> wrote:
>
> > *
> >
> > Dear all,
> >
> > *
> >
> > **
> >
> > *Recognition as a Wikimedia affiliate - a chapter, thematic organization,
> > or user group - allows an independent group to officially use the Wikimedia
> > name to further the Wikimedia mission, with certain duties and
> > responsibilities.  While most Wikimedia affiliates adhere to the basic
> > compliance standards set forth in their agreements with the Wikimedia
> > Foundation, a protocol has been developed to address the exceptional cases
> > when a Wikimedia affiliate does not meet minimum compliance standards and
> > their continued recognition as a Wikimedia affiliate presents a risk to the
> > Wikimedia movement.*
> >
> > *
> >
> > On September 9, 2016, Wikimedia Philippines was notified of their
> > suspension as a Wikimedia affiliate due to long standing and serious
> > governance issues, as well as non-compliance with reporting requirements
> > which go as back as 2014, has been sent multiple warnings regarding them,
> > and on the date mentioned above,  was provided with an explicit list of
> > tasks and deadlines in order to return to compliance with their chapter
> > agreement. The chapter failed to complete these tasks by the deadline of
> > November 28, 2016, and was consequently notified that they would no longer
> > be recognized as a Wikimedia chapter after the termination of their Chapter
> [...]
JAMES JOSHUA G. LIM
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Class of 2013, Ateneo de Manila University
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

jamesjoshua...@yahoo.com <mailto:jamesjoshua...@yahoo.com> | +63 (977) 831-7582
Facebook/Twitter: akiestar | Wikimedia: Sky Harbor
http://joshlim.me <http://joshlim.me/>