Fae.

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 11:19 PM, Fæ <fae...@gmail.com> wrote:

> because the new company "will compete for staff, stories and
> donations".[1] Will you be resigning from the WMF board of trustees

I hope not.  I hardly see a conflict of loyalties; to the extent there is
an overlap of focus, the output of WikiTribune will be available to both WN
and WP, the only current sister projects covering news.

> considering the unique nature of your permanent unelected seat

Not permanent, only exempt from term limits. It requires regular
appointment, else sits empty.

> In fact apart from denying the possibility that this was an issue with
> your

statement "<snip explicit, comprehensive statement of COI and recusal>",

you refused properly to engage further...

Someone refusing to engage further in being badgered?  Never. :-)

I'm not sure what you're missing here.  Ties to Wikia carry COI; this has
come up in public discussions about the Board since the very first slate of
Trustees & is not in question. There's a formal annual COI process for
Trustees, which mandates declaring potential conflicts, and recusing as
appropriate from related decisions.  Those declarations haven't been made
public for anyone (Allowing me to keep the extent of my investment in
Newpedia private.)  In Jimbo's case, conflicts are pretty well hashed out
in public as well.

SJ

P.S.  Nice launch and a most elegant design, Wikitribunnies!