Hi Jimmy,

The articles I've read on the new venture have been like appetizers,
providing just enough information to generate a new list of questions. :-)
So, in no particular order, here are some things that came to mind:

Will the focus be investigative journalism, or "deep dives" in the manner
of newsdeeply.com, or breaking news, or something else?

AIUI, fact-checking will be done by community volunteers in the
collaborative manner of Wikipedia; will they flag information that they
consider to be problematic, annotate draft news articles with comments and
questions, revise drafts themselves,...?

The website shows an initial goal of ten journalists to be hired; does this
include copy editors as well?  And more generally, how will copy editing be
handled?

With what frequency do you envision news to be published, e.g. a weekly
magazine, a daily feed of several short pieces and one feature article, ...?

Who will have access to journalists' notes and other raw materials?  How
will sources be protected while permitting maximum participation of
community volunteers in the vetting/fact-checking process?  Will there be
provision for leakers, i.e. some sort of SecureDrop thing?  If so, how will
that be handled?

Will guides be produced around vetting of information, like e.g. the guide
at verificationhandbook.com?  More generally, how will community members
learn vetting and verification skills for journalism?

How will good-faith disputes around fact-checking be resolved and by whom?
How will trolls be handled?

Will Wikitribune journalists collaborate with other groups doing
like-minded work, for example bellingcat.com?

I gather that there are developers working on this project too, at least on
wordpress hacking; are they also part of the crowdfunding?  More generally,
is budget/staffing information available or will it be soon?

What roles will the four named advisors play in this project, with their
specific skillsets?

In an ever shrinking paid market for journalism, where funding is harder
and harder to come by and many publications have closed their doors or
turned digital-only, what are your thoughts about competing in that market,
both as a job provider and potentially taking subscribers from other media?

Please feel free to ramble on at length about these topics as much as you
like; I'm interested in the broader picture and not just the specific
details :-)

Thanks a lot!

Ariel