On 4/25/2017 10:30 PM, Pine W wrote:
On the subject of Jimbo being exempt from term limits, my belief is that
Jimbo's seat should become a standard community-chosen seat, and no one
should be exempt from term limits. I am particularly mindful of the
governance problems that have happened while Jimbo has been on the WMF
Board, and WMF's refusal to have an external inquiry into those problems by
a third party who would make a public report. I am also mindful of WMF's
clashes with the community (such as SuperProtect) that have happened while
Jimbo has been on the WMF Board. Given the totality of the circumstances, I
believe that Jimbo's seat should become a standard community-chosen seat so
that the community has a chance to express its level of confidence in
whether Jimbo should remain on the WMF Board.
People are certainly entitled to form their own opinions about Jimmy's ongoing role, including how or whether it should be continued. But simply alluding to issues that have happened while he has been on the Board of Trustees says very little. Jimmy has been on the Board from the beginning, so of course everything that has happened, good and bad, happened while he was on the Board. Unless there's something about his personal conduct or how he has used his position that uniquely contributes to particular problems, this sounds more like advocating change for the sake of change, not an actual solution to anything.

--Michael Snow