From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
Sam Wilson
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:38 AM
To: wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] New style banner - A heads up

Peter,

Fair enough, I agree that the idea that Wikimedia would have been a success if
it'd be made commercial is crazy. "Has it crossed my mind how much we could
have made if it had ads? Sure. But it wouldn’t be the same." reads to me as
just a hypothetical "if it were as it is today
*and* had ads", rather than any serious suggestion that that would ever have
been the case. I reckon it makes sense to the non-editor people it's aimed at.

Anyway, about my grammar nickpicking? ;-)

—Sam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein?banner=B1718_0823_en6C_dsk_p1_lg_dsn_native&force=1&country=US&uselang=QA