On 8/23/17 2:33 PM, Michael Peel wrote:
On 23 Aug 2017, at 13:36, Shlomi Fish <shlo...@shlomifish.org> wrote:

Hi all,

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 11:51:02 -0400
"Brad Jorsch (Anomie)" <bjor...@wikimedia.org <mailto:bjor...@wikimedia.org>>
wrote:

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Joseph Seddon <jsed...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

New Native feel:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein?banner=B1718_
0823_en6C_dsk_p1_lg_dsn_native&force=1&country=US&uselang=QA

Personally, I really dislike banners that try to pretend to be content.
This one makes it look like the page is an article titled "To all our
readers in the U.S." rather than a page with a banner on it.

to me the new banner looks more attractive, less intrusive and cleaner, but I
agree with Brad's sentiment that it looks too much like the main page's
content. Just my 20 agoroth.
+1. At the least it needs some sort of a border around it to separate it from
the article text, so it doesn't look like an article section at first glance.

Thanks,
Mike
+1 here as well. Some sort of clear separating border or shading to distinguish the banner from the article content is needed.

- Pax aka Funcrunch

--
Pax Ahimsa Gethen | p...@funcrunch.org | http://funcrunch.org | Pronouns:
they/them/their