From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
Leinonen Teemu
Sent: Monday, April 9, 2018 9:25 PM
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Social: non-profit social networking
service ?

On 9 Apr 2018, at 11.28, Peter Southwood
<peter.southw...@telkomsa.net<mailto:peter.southw...@telkomsa.net>> wrote:

Why would we want to?

Because we want to "become the essential infrastructure of the ecosystem of
free knowledge”.

How would it further the aims of the movement?

Knowledge is dynamic. Today social media services are the most influential
knowledge and belief creation services online. When Wikipedia was started,
websites use to hold this position. With Wikimedia social media service, that
would rely on the four last of the five pillars[1], I think we could really
further the aims of the movement.

How much would it cost?

Hard to say.

Who would run it?