This is largely my feeling as well. If you look at one of Andrew's links:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Communications/Wikimedia_brands/2030_research_and_planning/community_review/brainstorm

You'll see some quite vigorous opposition to the name change and robust
support for explicitly not changing the name.

Fast-forward more than six months and now 20% of people have to actively
oppose something or it's supported, even though there is no way that you'll
get a response rate on *anything* *ever* to be 20% on a large email list.