I'd hope that the WMF when hiring people in what was considered third world
or in areas of socially deprived wages that it would pay at least to US
standards as a matter of principle that employees doing similar jobs should
basically be treated equally regardless of location.  That where the pay
and conditions exceed the US the WMF should be ensuring that people there
are being paid comparable salaries for the similar positions in that
location, US wages and conditions arent the best for many of their
positions but that should be no excuse for hiring people at lower
conditions.

Socially the biggest issue is the exploitation of cheap labour because
companies can, the WMF should be doing better than that if truly believes
in equality in the movement

On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 at 20:11, Nathan <nawr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sure it will vary considerably. Does that matter? When measuring
> internal equity, do we measure based on how expensive of a  lifestyle each
> employee leads?
>
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2020, 7:46 AM Peter Southwood <
> peter.southw...@telkomsa.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Should they? Their cost of living expenses may vary considerably.
> > Cheers,
> > Peter

GN.

*Power of Diverse Collaboration*
*Sharing knowledge brings people together*
Wikimania Bangkok 2021
August
hosted by ESEAP

Wikimania: https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Gnangarra