On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Eugene Eric Kim <ee...@blueoxen.com> wrote:
> 2010/1/27 phoebe ayers <phoebe.ay...@gmail.com>:
>> I researched this question out of curiousity last year, and the most
>> promising venue seemed like UC Berkeley, with their blocks of dorms
>> that they rent out for conferences. USF/SF State similarly have space.
>> Someplace like Mission Bay is gorgeous but pricey.
>
> Phoebe, did you look at Fort Mason? They've got a beautiful space, a
> nonprofit rate, and there are places to eat and stay close by.
> Transportation is not the best, though. It doesn't have that collegial
> residency nearby, though, a feature that's been great at previous
> Wikimanias.
>
> =Eugene

I did -- it's great, though the onsite hostel only sleeps 162 and the
theater max capacity is 437 (although there is a big warehouse for
3000 that can also be rented), so we'd likely have to have the
keynotes elsewhere, and accommodation and transport would be a
problem.

Otherwise a good plan! You see the trouble with this particular
conference size :)

-- phoebe