On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Eugene Eric Kim <ee...@blueoxen.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Luca de Alfaro <l...@dealfaro.org> wrote:
>> I am also at Google now, so if you like, I could at least let it be known of
>> the possibility; I have no idea of whether it would be possible, or
>> advisable, to get Google support or space for this.  Any feedback?
>
> I've organized several events hosted by Google through Leslie
> Hawthorn, who's great and is a friend of our community. (She's been to
> several RCCs.) The experience has been great, but it has the same
> problems as the others listed: size (probably can't host a 1,000
> person gathering), proximity to housing, transportation, etc.
>
> It sounds like Berkeley is the best bet so far. Phoebe, have you
> investigated other local universities?

Not really! Other than that they exist :)

And Berkeley may not be ideal either, we'd have to check about
classroom and auditorium size/availability. I recall there were
several options through the various schools.

Wikimania or no, this conversation is also a great preliminary to
hosting a smaller (let's say 100-150 ppl), more informal weekend
meetup.

-- phoebe